Friday, December 13, 2013

New Normal









Well, I didn't wait as long this time.  I knew I had it in me.  I also have a new job, which honestly gives me a little more free time in my day.  Any of you working moms out there know what I mean by this.  Being at home with the kids was 24/7, non stop.  At a job there are times during the day that you have a few minutes to sit back and just breathe (or blog). 

So, as I just mentioned I was offered and accepted the position at NorthWest Arkansas Community College (NWACC).  I'm currently working 5 days a week on campus.  It's a little different schedule than I anticipated and will change at some point but I chose to do this so that I could have shorter days vs. longer days to allow for a day or 2 at home.  The campus goes to a 4 day week in May so I anticipate working 5 days a week until then.  My boss is about as laid back and flexible as can be.  I've arrived between 7:30 and 8:30 in the morning and he is fine with that.  As long as the work is done I'm pretty free to come and go.  Such a change from my previous job.  I actually sent Luke a text today that said "FYI I LOVE MY JOB".  It just hit me today that I made the right choice and I have noticed that I'm a happier person and a happier mommy which is the most important thing to me.  Plus, the paycheck really doesn't hurt either! We plan to use this extra money to pay off our student loans.  It's so exciting to know that in a year or so we will be debt free (not including our mortgage)!  Debt Free!  We didn't imagine we'd be saying that so early in our post grad school lives and I don't want to jinx us, but that is the plan.

I started the week of Thanksgiving so I only had a 3 day week.  Perfect timing to get us all used to a new routine.  My second and third weeks of work were also 3 day weeks thanks to a nice ice and snow storm that closed campus for 4 days!  So all in all this has been a pretty easy transition into our new normal.  I got my first paycheck today and it seemed just a little wrong to get paid considering I still haven't worked a full week! 

William and Clara are adjusting wonderfully.  William is excited to get up and go to school and play with his friends each morning.  If you ask him what his friends names are he will tell you Elsie, Chase and Thomas.  I have no clue if these people exist or if he is just telling me something to get me to stop asking :)  Clara is still an incredibly easy going little lady.  She gives the teacher a big smile every morning when I drop her off and has a smile ready for me when I pick her up.  She still doesn't love the bottle and has days that she eats great and days that she is ready to eat non stop when we get home.  I know as she gets older and we can begin supplementing with food and she gets more and more comfortable with the bottle that this will work itself out.  I realize that food is till probably about 2 months off but it's definitely on my radar.  Anyway, she is really making this so easy on me, and for that I am SO thankful!

Enjoy a few pictures from Clara's 3 month photo shoot :)






No comments:

Post a Comment