Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Update

Saturday morning we woke up nice and early so Luke could run in the Sparta 5k at Squire Creek.  It was a miserable morning to run but he was a trooper.  Can you see him there in the middle, he has his arms crossed.  Not exactly the most intense set position but it was FREEZING!  And look at the crazy girl in the spandex and sports bra!  But I guess if I looked like that maybe I would wear that too!  Luke ran great, he got 2nd in his age group and 7th overall.  He broke 20 min and finished in 19:53 which is pretty darn good for such a hilly course!  I'm super proud of him.

After the race Luke dropped me off with a friend and I spent most of the afternoon running errands with her so Luke could have the house to study.  I tend to bother him when we are both home so it was best that I not be around :)  I did get some Christmas shopping done, I've never started this early but I found some cute stuff for the Simmering siblings and I think I'm done with them for the most part!  Successful day! 
 Sunday was study day for Luke.  We skipped church and Sunday school and he spent the day writing papers and studying for finals this week.  So as a good wife I made him a hearty breakfast! Sausage, egg and cheese biscuits.  They were yummy and provided him fuel for the morning.
 We were planning on attending a social with our Sunday School that evening but Luke was at his office still and I wasn't quite up for doing it alone so this dessert went to work with me today.  I think it was a hit - Luke ate a big piece when he was finished with school work yesterday and seemed to think it passed the test.  It was super easy and tasted great, I'll have to make it again!  

Great relaxing weekend in the Simmering household.  Next weekend we have big plans to get some work done around the house so it was nice to have a weekend where I could just enjoy my time off.

-Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment