Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Update

Luke and I had a great trip home to Kansas!  We spent Wednesday night with his grandparents in Norman to break up the drive.  We had a blast with them.  We played Scene It and ate way too much.  Thursday we woke up bright and early to make the trek up to Hesston.  We arrived just in time for lunch at D'Angelo's - my FAVORITE Hesston restaurant.  After that I went to the MAYB/Imprints Christmas party at my parents.  Since I'm now on the payroll as the payroll clerk I got to be a part of the festivities.  I left with a $25 Barnes and Noble Gift Card - perfect gift for me.  Dad really stepped up the gift card selection this year, there was a TJ Maxx card that I had my eye on as well and several restaurant cards that would have worked as well - but the one I got was PERFECT!  After stuffing my face with way too many desserts it was time to get fitted for my bridesmaid dress.  I can't wait to seem them all done and together - Lauren has great taste and the dresses will be amazing! Hopefully my size will be smaller come May and she will have to make alterations (I am going to get back in shape - hopefully).  We finished the night loving on some puppies and dinner with the Simmering family.  
Friday was Christmas eve and Simmering Christmas.  Mary and Andy weren't able to join us - they are in Hawaii visiting with Andy's family but the rest of us enjoyed a yummy breakfast and opened gifts.  We were lazy the rest of the morning and then Luke and I headed off to my grandmas for Christmas with her and Matt.  Then Christmas eve church and we were off too bed.  On Christmas morning we celebrated with my family, then packed up our vehicles and headed to Kansas City.  We spent the evening on the Plaza admiring the lights and eating way too much, but we worked it off at the indoor water park at the hotel ;)  The next morning we headed to the Chiefs game.  We ate at a makeshift tailgate from the back of the armada and then headed into the game!  We had a blast, Luke and I spent WAY too much money at the gift shop but just couldn't help ourselves and not all of it is for us ;)  We don't get many of the Chiefs games on TV so this was a special treat for Luke to get to watch up close and in person.  We left the game at the beginning of the 4th quarter to make the drive to Springfield, MO where we spent the night and then headed back to Ruston on Monday morning!  It was a whirlwind trip but we had a blast, were spoiled by our families and loved ones and we are already looking forward to our next trip back!

No comments:

Post a Comment