Wednesday, April 13, 2011

15 Weeks

How Far Along: 15 Weeks
Your gums may be red and swollen (thanks, hormones), so it's extra-important to take good care of your mouth right now. Brush often, floss gently, and see your dentist if you haven't already. Also, your now-cramped chest and abdomen (baby's growing fast!) might be making you a little short of breath.

Size of baby: Naval Orange
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 0 according to the scale at the Dr's office.  I'm right where I was at my first prenatal appointment which was a little before 7 weeks. I didn't weigh at home so I'm not sure what that scale is saying but we will go with 0 for now.

Maternity Clothes: not yet, just lots and lots of dresses

Gender: both Luke and I are thinking boy but we will find out in a few more weeks, we are heading to KS for Easter (which is hopefully the same weekend as baby Walters birth) so we will try and find out then!!!  We also have scheduled our official gender scan with Dr. M for May 10th.  So if Mandy can't find anything when we go for Easter we will know on the 10th.  Less than a month! 

Movement: I’m not feeling it yet

Sleep: good and bad.  When I sleep it is great but there is a lot of tossing and turning going on.

What I miss: my clothes - nothing really fits right.  I'm much too small for maternity clothes but my regular clothes aren't fitting quite right.  Getting dressed has become a challenge every morning - thank God for dresses they are they only thing besides sweats that I am comfortable in these days!

Cravings: fruits and veggies.  Dinner on Sunday night consisted of carrots, celery, cucumbers and cheese.

Symptoms: still a little nausea every now and then – mostly in the morning but other than that I’m enjoying pregnancy for the first time in 15 weeks J

Best Moment This Week: We had several great moments this week!  We got to see baby Simmering at our appointment yesterday.  Dr. M even made a guess at the gender based on something he did or didn't see on the little ultrasound he did in the office.  Luke and I are over the moon to know we may soon have a little boy in our arms!!  Of course a girl would be just as wonderful!  We will know for sure very soon! We also bought a crib!  I think this makes it all so official.  This is our first baby related purchase and I’m so excited to get the guest room cleared out so we can get to work creating a room for baby Simmering!

Milestones: Baby Simmering is already taking after Luke, who was a very large baby at 10 lbs 5 oz.  The measurements taken from the ultrasound at our appointment yesterday put baby Simmering at 16 wks 6 days.  Yesterday was actually 14 wks 6 days.  Dr. M kept commenting on the large size of the head!  Not really comforting to the person that will birth this giant baby!  But we are thrilled to know that our little one is growing and thriving!  He may even move our due date up according to what he sees on the ultrasound on the 10th.  Now, for the weekly Bump.com update. Continuing the march toward normal proportions, baby's legs now out-measure his arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably can't feel the movements just yet.
What I'm Looking Forward To: A relaxing week at home.  Luke is off to SIOP in Chicago so I'll be roughing it without him this week.  I have strict instructions to eat regular meals and was warned that popcorn does NOT count as a meal. Can you tell I don't usually cook when he is gone.  I guess I'll be learning to cook for 1 while he is away - anything for this growing baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment