Friday, August 19, 2011

34 Weeks

How Far Along: 34 Weeks
6 weeks left
 
Size of baby: a honeydew
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +23 pounds

Movement: All the time.  Yesterday was party day for William.  Not sure what he was so excited about - maybe the new shelves.  He didn't stop going all day long and it seems he has the same plan for today.  There is a foot or something in my ribs, every now and then I can see a big bulge right between them.  And just incase you were wondering it is incredibly painful.  The only relief I get is from raising my right arm straight up in the air, I learned this little trick from my handy dandy yoga DVD (thanks Katie)!

Sleep: I LOVE it - can't get enough! My 7am work time has been slowly pushed back to sprinting in the door at 7:30am.  I'm just hoping that I can continue to make it in by 7:30 for the next 6 weeks. 

What I miss: Just the obvious things like: ankles, my wedding ring, bending over to dry off after a shower, putting on my own shoes and socks, etc.  But honestly I wouldn't trade in a single one if it meant that I wouldn't be a mommy to William in a few short weeks.  I really think I could do just about anything right now and not be upset about it as long as it meant that my little man was happy, and healthy! 

Cravings: I eat alot of cheese.  I guess I crave it.  String cheese and nectarines are my favorite snack and I have atleast one of each when I get home from work each evening.  I also eat alot of yogurt and granola - I keep it at work as a handy breakfast and mid day snack.  Peanut butter and jelly was also a staple until we ran out of jelly and I can never seem to remember it when we are grocery shopping.  In fact the last pb&j I had was from mom and dads house.  I should have just stolen their jelly!

Symptoms: again, just the usually pregnancy symptoms.  Fatigue, heartburn, swollen everything (I blame the humidity).  None of it is too unbearable and I can handle it all for the next 6 weeks!! 

Best Moment This Week: hearing that William is head down and starting to prepare for his departure.  We have one more 2 week appt and then we begin the weekly Dr. visit.  It just seems so crazy/exciting that we are really at that point!

Milestones: Baby can recognize and react to simple songs...time to start practicing your lullabies!  In fact, baby will recognize frequently sung tunes after birth and probably find them soothing.  Less cute news; he now urinates about one pint per day.  Get the diapers ready!

What I'm Looking Forward To: I have a shower at work on the 26th and a shower with Ruston friends on the 3rd.  I still just can't believe how many people love this little guy!!












No comments:

Post a Comment