Thursday, August 25, 2011

Showered with Love...

And it's official - this post has the cheesiest title ever!  But it is so true that I just couldn't come up with something better.  Luke, William, and I have literally been showered with love the past few weeks.  We've been receiving gifts in the mail from friends that live much too far away.  On top of the packages we've received in the mail the out pouring of love and support from our friends and family in Hesston was just amazing!  For the first time in my pregnancy I feel like I'm prepared to bring a baby home.  Of course there are still a few things we need to pick up but for the most part a baby could live quite comfortably with the things we have.  I have 2 more showers coming up over the next few weeks and I've had friends ask what I still need and I just look at them like an idiot.  I have NO idea what I need, I really do feel pretty prepared; however, being a first time mom I'm sure there is some amazing product that I don't have and/or even know about.  So if you are one of the AMAZING mothers that I know what are some of your "must have" products?  I would love to replace to blank stare with an intelligent response ;)
Thanks Again to those of you that have spoiled us.  We really do appreciate everything you have done for us.  And a super duper extra big thank you to my amazing aunts Kathy and Marda for hosting my family shower, and to the best sister-in-law and mother-in-law that a girl could ask for.  Katie and Molly put together a wonderful evening with friends and family!  I know I've said it a million times and I know I'll say it millions more but I really do have the best family in the world and I hope that you all know bringing William into this world would be terrifying if I didn't have you guys!  The love and support from our parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.  is overwhelming and we couldn't appreciate it more.

Ok - enough of the sappy stuff, here are some pictures I've stolen from my mom, Katie, and molly.


can you see how much us Raleigh girls LOVE miss Emory!  But how could you not - look at her!

 what dad's do during baby showers :)

 so I think my gma is the only one paying attention to me opening gifts.  This picture just cracks me up :)

miss Emory and Ely.  They were pretty into each other.  Watch out Phil.

the aftermath!  It's all been washed and put away now but it was a little intimidating at first!

No comments:

Post a Comment