Monday, October 18, 2010

Catching Up

It's been awhile. 
Luke and I have been busy doing nothing these past few weeks.  We have been able to enjoy the last two weekends at home with 0 plans.  We have watched LOTS of football, worn alot of OSU orange and spent endless hours on the back deck enjoying this Louisiana weather. 
This past weekend I finally got my embroidery/sewing machine up and working.  I only bought red thread just incase I was terrible.  I embroidered our initials on a blanket we keep in the living room, my initials on a scarf and a few other odds and ends.  I LOVE it.  I can't wait until I have a little one to do this for, as it may be a little odd for Luke and I to begin wearing embroidered/monogramed clothing.  I'm a huge fan of the monogram and can't wait to have someone to use this machine on.  The good news is that my little niece/nephew will be here in April so I can spoil it rotten with cute little outfits/blankets/etc. (we need to hurry up and find out the gender of this baby, I hate calling it, it!)  I've found some software that I need/want.  It lets you design your own patterns and then saves them to a memory card, I think that I'll splurge on this before too long. 
My next project is curtains for our bedroom, and if those turn out allright I wouldn't mind replacing the ones our living room!  As you can tell I have BIG plans for this little machine!
We are getting excited for our next few weekends.  Stillwater this coming weekend for homecoming!  Did you know it is "America's Greatest Homecoming"?!?!  We sure seem to think so and can't wait for some time in Oklahoma.  While up north I WILL eat some ice cream from Braum's and get soup and a sandwich at Panera.  There are many good things about the south but geeze, how do these people live with out Braum's and Panera?!?!?  We are squeezing in some time with Luke's grandparnents on Friday night and will be back in time for work on Monday morning. AHHH, I can't wait!
Then, the following weekend we are going to be in Dallas for a wedding.  Luke is an usher in Bill and Erica's wedding.  Bill was Luke's roomate his first year at Minnesota State.  I got to know Bill and Erica after I moved to Minnesota for Luke's second year.  We can't wait for this wedding and are so happy for Bill and Erica.
This brings us to the first weekend in November and "GIRLS WEEKEND"!!! I'm so ready for some time with the ladies.  We are't going too far but plan to spend the weekend in Shreveport eating, shopping, and relaxing!
Can you believe we are already planning into November!  This past year has gone so FAST I can't belive it.  As of this week we have been living in Ruston for 1 year!  I hope the next few go a little slower or Luke will be graduating and looking for jobs before we know it, and I'm not sure I'm ready to leave Ruston just yet!

Here's to a great week!

-Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment