Wednesday, June 8, 2011

23 Weeks

How Far Along: 23 Weeks
Swollen from head to toe? Increased blood flow, by now an old friend, is to blame. Consider a trip to the shoe store because loosening ligaments will cause your feet to expand even more in the weeks to come.

Size of baby: still a papaya
since we saw the papaya pic last week we've moved on over to babycenter .com for the pic!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I didn't weigh myself this week but Dr. M did make the comment that I finally had a weight "jump", he then followed that up by reassuring me that was a good thing.  I see the belly growing each week but for some reason just don't think to hop on the scale until I sit down to write this!  Maybe next week I'll be on top of it.

Maternity Clothes: yes.  I can still wear my athletic shorts and a few dresses from before but that is about it.  I've even started to wear a few of Luke's smaller t-shirts on the weekends because mine are just getting a little uncomfortable.

Gender: BOY

Movement: yep, I've started to notice patterns.  He likes to wiggle around right around bed time each night.  We have a lot of fun talking to him and feeling him dance around each night.

Sleep: it's been better.  I wake up to go to the bathroom way too much for any good amount of sleep.

What I miss: nothing really.  I'm really enjoying life right now!

Cravings: cucumbers and vinegar, buttermilk, salt and pepper!  I ate 2 cucumbers this way last night for dinner with my pasta salad!

Symptoms: getting a little heartburn but it's nothing the TUMS can't cure!  I still rely on the zofran a few days a week.

Best Moment This Week: getting the nursery updated.  We made fabric covered valance boxes, got new switch plates for all of the outlets and installed a new light switch in Williams room.  We also picked up our glider and got it situated in the room.  We even gave each dog a turn to be rocked!

Milestones: Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound you may be able to see him squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing him for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: another weekend at home.  Plenty of pool time and a few projects in Williams room! 




1 comment:

  1. Cute! Glad you are able to finally enjoy eating! :) Now we need baby room pictures!

    ReplyDelete