Wednesday, June 15, 2011

24 Weeks

How Far Along: 24 Weeks


Take a break from the computer if your fingers feel numb or tingly. It's probably carpal tunnel syndrome, often brought on by pregnancy. Stretch your hands frequently to loosen them up. For significant symptoms, try wrist braces or splints at nighttime. In the past few weeks, the top of your uterus has risen above your belly button and is now about the size of a soccer ball.

Size of baby: still a papaya
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 13 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: Yes! And I just got some GREAT hand - me - downs so my wardrobe has doubled in the past week!!!

Gender: BOY - William August

Movement: all the time!   Although he did get me in the rib the other day and I was NOT a fan of that! Luke can see it and feel it now which makes it even that much more fun!

Sleep: good nights and bad nights but nothing too terrible and for that I feel pretty lucky.

What I miss: life with out heart burn, but that is manageable.  Life is pretty good right now.

Cravings: fruits and veggies.  Really anything will do at this point.  I am just hungry ALL the time!

Symptoms: heart burn and a touch of morning sickness every now and then.

Best Moment This Week: My friend Tara gave me 2 huge tubs of hand - me - downs.  She has a little boy that was born in October as well so we are hoping that a lot of his stuff will fit William.  So much of it still had tags on or looked brand new!  I can't wait to go through it all again this weekend!

Milestones: Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long, he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.


What I'm Looking Forward To: One month from now I'll be lounging on the beach in Hawaii!!! It will make turning 26 worth it! Don't feel bad for Luke, he will be on his dream vacation as well.  Fishing in Alaska with his Dad.  Our families are the best and are making sure to spoil us before William gets here!



No comments:

Post a Comment