Thursday, March 31, 2011

13 Weeks

How Far Along: 13 Weeks

Welcome to the blissful second trimester, widely recognized as pregnancy's most comfortable and enjoyable. (Yes, it's a relative distinction.) Don't panic if you start noticing some lovely vaginal discharge. It's called leucorrhea and is totally normal. Though it might mess up your panties, it's essential in protecting your birth canal from infection.

Size of baby: A Peach

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 0

Maternity Clothes: not yet – but I am enjoying the comfort of dresses as much as possible.

Gender: not sure yet.

Movement: baby is moving around a lot it there but I can’t feel it yet, a few more weeks to go on this one.

Sleep: AMAZING! Luke and I switched sides of the bed so I can sleep on my left side and this made a world of a difference!  I’ve slept like a rock for the past 2 nights now.

What I miss: my morning coffee.  I had switched to decaf but it really was still messing with my queasy tummy so I’m a hot tea girl now.  I’m thinking a cup of decaf with some creamer might not be as dangerous so I’ll give it a try on a ‘good’ day this week.

Cravings: not sure if they count as a craving but I can always eat green beans and cheese roll ups (melted cheese rolled up in a tortilla) even on a bad day!

Symptoms: off and on sickness.  The good days are beginning to outnumber the bad which is an answered prayer, now if I can rid of the bad mornings and the rest of the bad days I’ll be a happy lady!

Best Moment This Week: I’ve been told by several people at work that I “officially” look pregnant now, I’m still hardly showing and can hide it pretty well or so I thought.  It is still a little weird to have people comment on my belly but I guess I better get used to it.

MilestonesYour fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords...savor this, their nonfunctional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with his head now only one third the size of his body. And intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy -- much more convenient.

Nothing to do with Baby but Luke got good news on a paper he wrote for Golf Digest!  Ladies and Gentlemen he is officially a paid author! He won’t brag but I just can’t stop – I’m so proud of how hard he works and can’t wait to see his name in print! Plus, now we have some baby money!

What I'm Looking Forward To: a nice calm week – no big plans, dinner with friends on Thursday and then a lazy weekend before our April gets too hectic.  We leave April 6th for San Antonio and then we go nonstop until May!

No comments:

Post a Comment