Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Kansas Bound

So, unlike Dorthy I will be returning to KS via jet plane and not my magic ruby slippers!  If only it were as easy as a pair of shiny red shoes.  
sadly I won't get to bring my "toto" with me either, he has to stay home and guard the castle :)
Tomorrow afternoon I'm boarding a plane to Wichita, KS and I couldn't be more excited.  I have a busy weekend planned and I know it will fly by and for that I'm already a little sad but am looking forward to the trip all the same.  
Friday will be busy with shopping, eating and cooking!  I'm hosting a baby shower for one of my bestest friends in the whole entire world who also happens to be my sister in law! ( I know - I really am that Lucky!).  So I've tricked my sisters and mom into spending Friday helping me prepare.  Since I'm flying I won't be able to bring anything back with me so I'll be starting from scratch when I get there!  I've got the recipes already picked out and have a general idea of what I'm going for so I don't think it will be too stressful of a day. The baby shower is Saturday morning and then, Saturday afternoon is my sisters wedding shower (I still can't quite believe that she is getting married). I have been blessed with a truly amazing family and I LOVE nothing more than getting to spend time with them!!  I haven't seen the majority of my extended family since Thanksgiving so this shower is going to be a mini reunion as well!  Besides doing all of those things I will get to try on my bridesmaid dress for the wedding!  I can't wait to see them and get to put it on.  Mine won't be finished until the week of the wedding to make sure it fits, but I will get to see the other girls in theirs which will be great!  I also want to squeeze in a little snuggle time with the doodles!  I haven't seen them since Christmas and can't wait to see how much they have grown. (there are still 2 left if you are in the market for an amazing dog)  Of course I'll get to see Molly and PoPo while snuggling with the puppies!  I'm so excited to be back in Hesston - it seems like it has been forever!

Maybe when I get back I'll have some time to update ya'll on our lives here in Ruston.  The last couple of weeks have flown by, I have some posts to share soon to update you but in the mean time have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment