Tuesday, March 22, 2011

10 Weeks

How Far Along: 10 Weeks
Notice a network of tiny blue veins crisscrossing your already achy breasts and (sorry) disappearing waistline? Though you may not love the new look, these veins carry the extra blood needed to nourish your burgeoning baby. You also might see the effects of pregnancy on your face -- in the form of major breakouts, that is. (Thanks, hormones.)



Size of baby: a Prune
yet another food I can't eat, maybe the bump needs to change their method of tracking growth.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: -5lbs

Maternity Clothes: none yet, but I have begun to wear the belly band with jeans and a few of my less stretchy work pants.

Gender: ?

Movement: I can't feel it yet

Sleep: AMAZING! Thank you Unisom!

What I miss: eating.  Being able to cook or be in the house while Luke cooks without the smells sending me to the bathroom!

Cravings/Aversions: no cravings, I wish I had some but nothing sounds good right now.  I REALLY don't want to eat chicken, which is weird because before I was pregnant we ate chicken on an almost nightly basis.  Ground beef, ground turkey and beans are the only proteins I can handle right now and even those are hit and miss.

Symptoms: all day sickness.  It hasn't let up, the sea bands Luke bought me are providing a little relief but I still feel like I'm on the verge of throwing up at all times.

Best Moment This Week: Not sure if this is the best moment but one that I will remember.  Luke has to cook dinner before I get home from work so that I will be able to eat it.  We didn't do this on Sunday night and I was hardly able to eat dinner because I had smelled it cooking.

Milestones: With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will start working too.)


What I'm Looking Forward To: Our 2nd prenatal appointment with Dr. M at the end of this week! Can't wait to hear that little heart beat again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment