Tuesday, March 22, 2011

9 Weeks

How Far Along: 9 Weeks 
Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like...well...a baby!

Size of baby: Green Olive
This is kind of funny because I LOVED green olives before pregnancy and really have NO desire for them now.  I even tried to eat some the other day thinking that maybe if I made myself eat something I used to like it would stay down - NOPE!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: loss - about 5 lbs

Maternity Clothes: nope, can't button my jeans but all of my dress pants are stretchy enough that I'm still wearing them!

Gender: don't know yet :)

Movement: not feeling anything yet.

Sleep: GREAT!  I'm still taking a unisom on week nights to help with the sickness and it must be helping me sleep!

What I miss: not feeling SICK 24/7, and Panera bread, not because I can't have it but because we don't have one anywhere near us!

Cravings: Panera Bread - Bacon Turkey Bravo, Broccoli Cheese Soup and a Greek Salad.   

Symptoms: sick, sick, sick.  For some reason I thought I would skip this part of pregnancy, my mom never got real sick so I just figured I'd be that way too. WRONG! I've got 24/7 nausea and haven't yet found the solution. I'm still taking phenergan and I've added sea bands and vitamin B6 to the mix. 

Best Moment This Week: we've had AMAZING weather in Ruston this week so Luke and I have been able to enjoy some time outside.  There isn't really one moment that sticks out but the time we've spent walking the dogs or at the driving range or reading in the backyard has been a blessing.  I swear I feel better when I can be outside. Fresh air seems to be the best medicine for me right now! I'm taking that as a sign that this baby is going to enjoy being outside - the dogs will LOVE to have a new playmate!

Milestoneswe have graduated from embryo to fetus!  I'd call that a  pretty big milestone. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Our weekend adventure.  Luke and I are planning our first trip to the Canton, TX first Monday sale this weekend.  I'm not really sure what to expect, should be some good people watching and maybe we'll walk away with a treasure :)  I'm just hoping I 'll feel up for the all day event on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment