Tuesday, March 22, 2011

11 Weeks


How Far Along: 11 weeks
By now, you're surely familiar with the prenatal symphony of burps, flatulence, and rumbling tummy. Small, frequent meals should help with the discomfort. And make sure to eat and drink slowly to prevent swallowing extra air. You'll later use this technique when feeding baby! Prenatal yoga can also help settle down your belly and -- side benefit -- soothe those mood swings.

Size of baby: 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 0, the Dr. said I was down 3 at my appt. yesterday but I chalk that up to the UGG boots I was wearing at the last appt.  My scale at home has me right where I started.  The few pounds of bloat I put on right away are gone thanks to the lovely morning sickness!

Maternity Clothes: none yet, just my trusty belly band

Gender: ?

Movement: baby is moving ALOT but I can't feel it yet!

Sleep: not so hot.  I wake up alot to change positions, but I wake up feeling pretty rested so I know it could be worse.

What I miss: food, I am so ready to be able to eat like a normal person

Cravings: NONE, I really still have NO desire for food of any type.

Symptoms: Sick, I still am throwing up once or twice a day but I do have a little more energy through out the day which has helped alot!

Best Moment This Week: seeing baby Simmering again.  (s)he has grown and is a little wiggle worm. Baby Simmering is now 5 times bigger than when we saw him/her last just a month ago.  At our appointment (s)he measured 5 cm! We were able to see the heart beat and little arms/legs moving around like crazy!  It is so amazing to see!

Milestones: Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through it. But fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds, and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: it's not baby related at all but a weekend with Lauren and Kevin!  I know I just got to spend last weekend with her but a weekend is NEVER enough!  They are making the long drive to LA for a weekend visit and I can't wait to spend some time with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment