Saturday, May 14, 2011

How Far Along: 19 Weeks

Those nasty leg cramps are probably making it tough to get comfortable. One way to ease the pain: Extend your leg and flex your ankle and toes toward your knees. Or enlist your partner for a calf (and back!) massage. Good news: Your now-bulging belly should get you a little more compassion from everyone around you.

Size of baby: Mango 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: scale at home says +1.5, scale at work says +3 so we are somewhere in between the two! 

Maternity Clothes: not yet.  I attempted a maternity clothes shopping trip on mothers day but got overwhelmed and left.  I'm going to try a small trip to the store here in Ruston today and see if I can ease my way into the maternity clothes.  It is time, my shirts are really beginning to look silly as they ride up the bump.  I've become that woman with the belly hanging out, thank goodness for the belly band that keeps me covered!

Gender: BOY! and we have a name.  Actually we have had a boys name since before we were pregnant. It's not a secret and I'm not sure why I never type it. Maybe I'll do a post just on his name later.

Movement: YES! I wasn't convinced at first.  I kept telling myself it was just gas.  But it didn't feel like gas, it is different.  Thats the only way I can explain it, just an odd sensation.  After a few days of the same feeling I allowed myself to accept what it was!  I didn't want to go around thinking I felt him when in reality it was just the constipation :)

Sleep: lots of it.  I developed a nasty rash that ran from my left shoulder across my body and down my right leg.  I've been on 1/2 doses of Benadryl every 4 hours for the last few days and it is making the sleep even better! 

What I miss: other than clothes that fit I'm pretty content!

Cravings: Fruit and Veggies.I make myself eat meat/beans to get the needed protein but I could survive on a diet of just fruit and veggies. 

Symptoms: other than the new allergy to something that has caused a nasty rash I'm doing great! 

Best Moment This Week: painting the nursery and getting the crib up and bedding washed and in place.  We hang out in the nursery now.  It is an empty room now except for the crib but Buddy LOVES to go and sleep under the crib and I just lay on the floor and smile!  We always kept the door to this room closed since we didn't really use it but now it stays open.  We just like to wonder by and take a peek.

MilestonesVernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

What I'm Looking Forward To: My sisters wedding!  I fly to KS on the 16th and then it is wedding, wedding, wedding! While home I'll reach the 1/2 way point of this pregnancy too which I think is pretty darn exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment